Friday, May 4, 2018

Star Wars Names: Enjoy the Journey Daily Diary Kit

MAY THE FOURTH BE WITH YOU!  When I saw my post date was May 4th, I immediately knew I had to make a Star Wars layout.  We love Star Wars in our house.  I saw this photo on Facebook a while ago and we had a lot of fun creating our Star Wars names using the directions.


I used a Maggie Holmes paper from April's kit that I had leftover.  I love the distressed look of it and it plays off the yellow in the photo nicely.  I backed it with black cardstock and used two 6x6 papers from the May kit.


I used the small alphabet stickers from American Crafts to spell out all of our Star Wars names.  To contrast this, I grabbed some Teresa Collins tiny alphabet stickers for our actual names (not in the kit).  I took advantage of the stars from the kit with die cuts and some washi strips.  The enamel stars are from my stash.


From a 6x6 paper in the kit, I cut a couple of little tags to add to my journaling card and to ground the star washi strip.


With the stars and the die cuts, it really comes together nicely.

This was a ton of fun to make and it will be a fun memory to look back on in the future.  Thanks so much for joining us to day.  Please let us know what you're making with your May kits!


1 comment:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

How FUN is this!?!?! I loveeeeeee it!!!!!!