Friday, October 13, 2017

PSL Season: Apple Crisp Classic Kit

Hi everyone!  Sarah here with a layout using the October classic kit about one of my favorite topics...COFFEE!!!  More specifically, my precious pumpkin spice lattes.  I'm one of those people that want to line up at Starbucks at dawn for a cup of this glorious nectar.  This kit was perfect for documenting it.


This week we are challenging everyone to use some mixed media on your layouts.  I'm not big into mixed media, but I did take advantage of the fact that the kit came with some distress stain.  I used the stain and some coordinating ink to make some coffee stain images on the background paper.  


Up at the top, I used a scrap piece of paper from the kit to make an extra cluster.  I used the washi from the kit along with a word strip and gems.  The coffee cup flair badge is from my stash.


I fussy out some of the wood images from the American Crafts paper.  I also layered some of the Jillibean Soup stickers (coffee cup and heart).  


The puffy stickers from the kit are my favorite things ever!  The detail on them are amazing.  I used the coffee cup and the pumpkin to help emphasize the layout topic.  And the acrylic word helped to round it all out.


I just love this time of year!  I can't wait to continue making some layouts to document it using this kit.  We'd love to see what you're making with it as well!