Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Marching Band Mini Album with the Apple Crisp Daily Dairy

Hello all!  As I have been weeding through my scrapbook stash trying to decide what to pack and what to purge I ran across an old Making Memories mini album.  I'm not sure how old it is but decided to pair it with the daily diary kit and document my sons marching band season.

I started with the cover.  I love the large alphas in the kit, but the letters I needed to spell RHS weren't in the right colors.   I traced around pattern paper and a 4x6 card for the black/gold school colors.


I then embellished with enamel dots, cork stickers, and a date stamp.


On the inside cover I printed out the season calendar.  On the opposite page I printed a photo that features my piccolo player from a recent competition.  I used pattern paper for the photo corners.  


This album contains a few pockets on the sides and some in the top.  The next spread contains a few more large photos of the band during the summer parade season.  I took one of the folding 6x4 cards and tucked it into the pocket.  

I am going to have the boy do the journaling for this mini.  I think it's important to get his voice for this project.

The next spread includes snaps form drill camp and a page protector that I ended up adhering cards and stickers to the outside.

The last photo is from the homecoming game and halftime field show.  I am still working on this mini and will share the rest in next weeks post.  Hope you come back next week to see how I am documenting the rest of the bands busy competition season. 

Thanks for stopping by!



No comments: