Friday, September 15, 2017

Pray for Clovis: Study Guide Daily Diary Kit

Hi!  Sarah here with a layout focusing on our challenge this week: Creative Writing.  This week we are working on telling a longer story and stories that we have a lot to say about.  For this one...it was hard for me.  The story I was telling was not only a tough story, but it's fresh.  I do tell the whole story on my YouTube channel, you can watch that here if you want the whole thing.  But, basically we had a pretty bad tragedy happen at our local library here in town involving a mass shooting.  I wanted to talk about it soon after while my thoughts and feelings are fresh, but it was a tough one.


I wanted to keep this one a little monochromatic with a little color.  I used the beautiful Pink Paislee grey and blue stripe paper as my background.  Since it is about the library, I wanted to bring in the bookshelf paper from Jillibean Soup and cut a couple of library cards from Jillibean Soup paper to use around the picture.


I used the Fancy Pants black and white bird paper, along with the label card to record the date that the event happened.


I cut out a heart from a Project Life card and added a black flower.  The paperclip with the flower was great because the sentiment on it says "Better Things Ahead," which is exactly what we as a community are trying to focus on.  Also, the "Infinite Possibilities" sticker from Echo Park was perfect here.


My journaling was long and I spread it across three Project Life cards from the kit.  

Thanks so much for stopping by today!


No comments: