Thursday, August 10, 2017

Stitching and the Weekend in Paris kit

Hello again!

Today I am sharing my first project created with this month's Weekend In Paris kits. I received the Daily Diary kit but also got the paper kit so I will be incorporating that with my kit.

This week's designer challenge is to add stitching to a project. 

While I love to machine stitch on my pages my machine isn't working right now so I pulled out a paper piercer and some embroidery floss and added stitching on a couple spots on my page. 


After handcutting this cute pennant strip from some patterned paper and adding the pompom trim I added some stitching. I used my paper piercer to make the holes before doing the stitches to make it easier to go through the paper.


I also added a couple of x's here on this lower part of the page. I like the homemade element it adds to my layout as well as the bit of blue that complements the kit colors well. 



There is such a fun mix of embellishments in this kit, as there always is, but these little gold foam Thickers are my favorite! They are just the right size for titles in small spots like this journaling spot that I cut from one of the pocket cards included in the kit. I also punched some tiny stars from the pink paper I used on my page. 

How have you used stitching in your projects? 

We'd love to have you share with us on our Noel Mignon Member page on Facebook. 

Have a fantastic day!




No comments: