Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Cards with the Weekend in Paris Daily Diary Kit

Happy Tuesday everyone!  I hope you are having a fabulous week so far.  It is stormy here in Utah today.  I'm excited since I love summer rain storms and I'm hoping it clears out the smoky air that we have had from all the forest fires.

This week the design team was challenged to add hand or machine stitching to our projects.  As I started pulling out all the elements from the daily diary kit I found myself playing with some of the embellishments and knew they would be perfect on cards.

I cut the pendant from one of the 4x6 cards and added the sentiment with a mix of thickers and a 3x4 card.   I added some messy machine stitching to the top of my sentiment.  To achieve a little dimension I used foam adhesive and then tucked my sticker embellishments underneath.



I added a little bit of shine to the butterfly with a little Heidi Swapp color shine from my stash.  

I usually make cards in 2's or 3's so the above card led into the this one:



I used my sewing machine to tack down the background pattern paper.  I then placed a small strip of pattern paper on the bottom and built my elements over the top.  Three of the Heidi Swapp stickers were placed in a visual triangle around my card and I used one of the frames to house my sentiment.  The gold glitter heart as well as the 'be bright', 'be you' were all cut from 3x4 project life cards.

I really love making cards, but I really need to be better about using them.  I'm ashamed to admit how high my stack of homemade cards is getting.  That is all from me today.  I hope you are enjoying this months kit as much as I am.  

Happy Scrapping!