Friday, July 14, 2017

Swimming Lessons: July Daily Diary Kit Color Challenge

Hi!  Sarah here with a layout using July's Daily Diary kit.  This week we were challenged to play with color.  We could either do a layout using a monochromatic or a rainbow color scheme.  I chose to do a monochromatic and using blues for this swimming themed layout.


I really loved pulling all of the blues out from this kit and making this layout.  The only thing I struggled with was papers because I have the Daily Diary kit, so many of the smaller papers didn't work for this one.  I did pull two extra paper scraps from my stash (the floral and the geometric behind the photo along with the cardstock).


I LOVE these Thickers in the kit!  I love the color and that they're ombre.  I pulled some smaller mini market alphas from October Afternoon from my kit since I didn't want to use up all of the "S" in the Thickers pack.  I might be hoarding them!  I used a piece from the Pebbles cut apart sheet to hold my title and it was perfect since it was a pool.


I had to use the sea horse die cut because my older daughter's swim group was called the Sea Horses.  It was orginially an orange-coral color.  So to make it work with this layout, I sprayed it with some Heidi Swapp Color Shine in the color Ocean.  It took the color nicely and make it work for my monochromatic theme.  The "Hello" is cut from a Project Life card from the kit.


I pulled three flair badges from my stash in different shades of blue just to add some height and dimension.  I finished the layout off with the bingo card, stickers and puffy word tiles, all from the kit.

I hope you enjoyed this and I hope you will take one the color challenge with us!  Please share all of your layouts in the Facebook group, we'd love to see them!


No comments: