Monday, July 10, 2017

Hello everyone!  It's Meridy here today, and I'm working with the "High Five" Daily Diary Kit and the 12x12 paper add on. This week the design team is participating in a "Color Challenge".  We are going to be going to the "extreme" with our color schemes, and choose either a monochromatic color scheme or a rainbow color scheme.  I decided to use a monochromatic color scheme and some black and white pictures.



I absolutely fell in love with the ombre wooden plank patterned paper in this month's kit.  I knew right away that I wanted to use it on a monochromatic layout.  So this challenge was the answer!  





I started by building up the layers of patterned paper, I even used the packaging from the Pretty Little Studio bingo cards.  It is the cute type-written text paper on the right hand side of the layout, I love when packaging is so cute that it can double as an embellishment!  


Once I built up my layers, I decided to use some stamps to add a little interest to this layout.  I started out by stamping a few images, and fussy cut them out.  Next I stamped a few phrases over and over without re-inking the stamps in between.  This gives a nice variety of hues, using only 1 color of ink!



Finally, I added a few embellishment clusters and stitched around one patterned paper on each side of the layout.  



Thank you so much for stopping by today!  Have a great week :)



4 comments:

Kelly H said...

Love it!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Beautiful, I love those colors!

Meridy said...

Thank you both!

Jetty said...

What a great look, the whole scheme - love the feet!