Friday, June 2, 2017

Ice Cream FTW: June "Dive In" Classic Kit

Hi!  Sarah here with my first layout using the June "Dive In" classic kit.  I just happened to have a picture of my daughter Layla eating ice cream.  As soon as I saw all of the ice cream themes throughout this kit, I knew this picture would be scrapped!


I used the aqua cardstock as a base and to mat my picture and used the Crate Paper Oasis paper as a background.  As I was cutting into the awesome Crate Paper Oasis and Echo Park Summer Dreams papers to use as layers, I kept turning them over and using the B sides as well!  It all just came together so wonderfully.


The Dear Lizzy Thickers are so beautiful and a nice muted gold glitter.  I also used the circular chipboard element from the large paper fans (those are bit big for my taste), but I was still able to use the chipboard ice cream here.


I wanted to use that ice cream quote from the Summer Dreams cut apart paper.  Instead of using it as a square element, I fussy-cut the ice cream and inked up the edges to use here.  I used a strip of the yellow ribbon to anchor my main bulk of clusters.


The My Mind's Eye die cuts worked perfectly here, one being an ice cream pop and the other saying "TGIF" as this photo was taken on a Friday.  PERFECT!  I also used up a couple of those Echo Park chipboard ice cream pieces.

Thanks so much for joining me today.  I challenge you to take a look through your photos and see if you have any great ice cream shots to use with these awesome ice cream themes with this kit.


No comments: