Friday, April 7, 2017

Greece: Let's Get Lost Kit (April Classic)

Hi everyone!  Sarah here with my first layout using April's classic kit, Let's Get Lost.  Now, I'll be honest, the travel theme intimidated me a bit at first because our family hasn't been able to really take any vacations lately.  But then, I remembered I had a project that I started a couple of years ago where I'm documenting some of my childhood memories.  And some of them are travels!  



For this layout, I found a picture of Baby Sarah in the back holder that my mom was wearing while on a trip to Greece when my father was stationed overseas.  Here, I'm about 6 months old.  My parents always teased that I had been to Greece before...and I say that totally doesn't count!  But here is the photographic evidence.  


I love how the white washed brink from the We R Memory Keepers paper highlights the washed stone in the picture.  The "Snug as a Bug" puffy sticker was perfect for representing how I'm quite snug in that backpack.


The globe fabric was just perfect for this layout.  I cut a long strip to go across the bottom of my layers and help create a place for my title.


For some extra accents, I cut out some of the heart images on the Shimelle patterned paper and used them as embellishments.  I also used one of the large Prima flowers (totally out of my comfort zone).  I love how it fits in the corner of my photo.  And I finished it off with a little sprinkling of the Heidi Swapp Color Shine in Ocean Blue.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I can't wait to see what you make with your Let's Get Lost kits.  Do you have any older trip photos you can scrap?

Have a great weekend!