Friday, February 17, 2017

She's My Lobster - February Classic Kit: Happy Together

Hi everyone!  Sarah here with another layout using the February Class Kit called Happy Together.  This time I wanted to showcase more love, but for my best friend.  This girl is my person.  She's my best friend and I lovingly call her my lobster, which is a quote from the TV show Friends.  



I LOVE the watercolor hearts paper from Pink Paislee that came in the kit and knew I wanted to feature it as a background.  To add a bit more interest, I combined it by adding a strip from a Simple Stories paper up on the top 1/3 of the layout so it almost looks two-toned.  I also added a strip of pink cardstock and layered it with a piece of the self-adhesive ribbon.


Since the Simple Stories paper was already embellished with the florals and stripes, I didn't need to do much to it.  I added those adorable Lawn Fawn elephant stamps and a fabric bow.


For my title, I combined the Elle's Studio smaller letter stickers with the Thickers.  I also added that Crate Paper layered ribbon to help highlight the title and I love the way it fits just so.


To finish out the embellishing, I added the layered heart by Crate Paper and added a wood veneer word on top.  I also journaled on the die cut, which I outlined with my pen in order to help it stand out more against the background paper.  A Pebbles arrow sticker and a few small stamped hearts (from the Lawn Fawn set) helps round out my layout.

I encourage you to look at your Valentine or "Love" themed supplies and scrap about someone in your life who you love, but isn't your significant other.  

Thanks so much for stopping by today and I hope I was able to help create a spark of a idea for a layout for you.  Please be sure to stop by the blog everyday for a new layout and project by our awesome design team.  Have a great weekend!


No comments: