Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Baby album with Happy Together Daily Diary kit

Hey all! Nicole here to share my recent project with this months daily diary kit.  My little niece is fast approaching her first birthday.  As part of her birthday present I decided to put together a 6x8 album to record her birth and a few of her monthly highlights.  Yes, I'm sure she won't appreciate it now, but I hope it becomes something she treasures in years to come.

I started with the album cover.  I decided to use the paper flowers on the front, but knew they wouldn't hold up to a lot of use in their current state.  I used a foam brush to apply decoupage paste to the surface of three of the flowers.  


I placed them on a piece of plastic to dry.  


Once dry they were very stiff and I glued them along with some labels and a wood letter to the front of my album.  



Next I worked on the title page.  I used a piece of vellum and used washi tape along the top and bottom and chipboard stickers around my picture.  



The rest of the album I filled with cards, stickers, and pattern paper from the kit.  I left quite a few of the cards empty so my sister can write in journaling and thoughts for the photos.  





Several of the embellishments I glued right to the front of the page protectors.  







I'm pretty excited with how it's coming along so far and the kit is making this so fast.  I really like that this months kits can be used for so much more than Valentine's layouts/cards. 
I hope I was able to give you a little inspirations.  Thanks for stopping by the blog today and happy scrapping!