Saturday, December 24, 2016

HOHOHO Memories | Oh What Fun Classic Kit

Hey there!  Laura here today, sharing a new layout using the 'Oh What Fun" December classic kit!   This week the DT members were asked to create with the theme "All the Trimmings' and more specifically to use 3 types of embellishments.  Since I am a huge fan of embellishments and tend to add a lot of them to my pages, I opted to go for a looser interpretation of this challenge.  I used a combination of paper, plastic and fabric embellishments! You know, paper as in Washi, cardstock leaves, and chipboard; fabric as is thread, ribbon and flowers; and plastic as is sequins and bradz, an acrylic word and a clip.

Any way, on to my layout.


I am documenting a new photo today, sent to me by my son shortly after they had the photos taken.  Actually he sent me a link to download all of the photos - how lucky am I!!

I opted to die cut a large stocking from white cardstock (a Silhouette store cut file) and back it with Pebbles patterned  paper and then hand stitch around it with white crochet thread. It wasn't too time consuming and only took about 30 minutes.

Then I worked on creating the cuff for the stocking, cutting the pieces from some of the cardstock that was included in the kit and adding some machine stitching around them.  These pieces were layered onto craft foam for some dimension.


And then I had fun with embellishing, layering chipboard, flowers, bradz and sequins.


I also added a small cluster embellishments to the upper right side of my page.

I have a new process video today, you can watch it on my You-Tube channel!

Supply List:  American Crafts cardstock in pine, scarlet and white; Pebbles patterned papers "Christmas greetings", "candy stripes" and "holly" all from the Holly Jolly collection; May Arts ribbon; Maya Road flowers; Echo Park Chipboard; Simple Stories bradz and clips; Elle's Studio washi tape; Pretty Little Studios acrylic word.  From my stash: white crochet thread; silver thread; silver sequins; Smooch mist (ice rink) My Mind's Eye vellum; Sharpie pen.

Thanks so much for visiting today!

No comments: