Monday, November 21, 2016

{Thanksgiving Traditions} Challenge with the "All Fall" Classic Kit

Happy Thanksgiving week my Noel Mignon friends!!! This week the design team is sharing layouts about Thanksgiving family traditions.  There are still 3 more "All Fall" Classic Kits in the store, so if you need to document your Thanksgiving memories, check them out.  

I love the hexagon paper that came in this month's kit, so it was the star of my layout this week.  I started with that piece and pulled the other papers and embellishments based on the colors in my photos.


The tradition that I scrapbooked about began in our family in 2012.  The tradition is that we read the Elf on the Shelf and the elves show up on Thanksgiving Day.  This past year, I read the book not only to my kiddos, but to my nieces and nephews too.  


I used a blue alphabet sticker from my stash to spell "tradition" because it matched the blue in the paper so well.  The word "Thanksgiving" is fussy cut from the Carta Bella paper from this month's kit.  I embellished the title with a chipboard leaf and a couple of beautiful Echo Park brads.  


I cut a piece of the brown sheer ribbon from the "All Fall" kit in half lengthwise and tucked both sides under the layers of papers.  I really like the way it looks peeking out from under the layers.  I finished off the journaling block (which is some packaging from the Petty Little Studio stickers) with a couple of more simple embellishments.  The background paper is so busy, that I felt that I only needed a couple of embellishments on this page.   


I started the second side of the layout with a collage print and used the Simple Stories blue paper as a background.  The subtle pattern makes a perfect background paper, similar to cardstock, but with a little touch of pattern.  


I finished off this side of the layout by piecing together a few fussy cut hexagons and adding a branding strip with a floral pint down the right hand side.  The word "gathering" was also cut from the Carta Bella paper.  I paired that with another chipboard leaf and a couple of brads for a finishing touch.


Thank you for stopping by today to see what I created.  Come back all week to see what other Thanksgiving traditions the design team shares!



No comments: