Saturday, November 19, 2016

Family is Sometimes Furry | All Fall Classic Kit

Hello there!

It's Laura here sharing a layout with you!  This week the DT members are creating projects with a "family" theme.  I usually scrap about a year behind, so that I can work with photos that suit the current products I am given, unless of course something really speaks to me and today is one of those days.

I snapped this photo the other night, while my son and I were snuggled in watching Netflix in our PJ's.  Of course, if Timmy is stretched out somewhere our pup Max is usually at his side.  Well our baby, Ruby, is now deciding she does not want to be left out.  The pair of them cannot get close enough as they vie for his attention, so you can imagine how cozy is it for this 90 pound kid when he has two 70+ pound bulldogges on his lap!

When I saw that we were scrapping families this week, I knew I had to document about furry family members!


I also knew I really wanted to work the the green glittery alphas in the kit as well as the colour orange (because we have one orange dogge), so I pulled as many orange and green elements together as I could and got busy.


I fussy cut some hexagons from the Simple Stories "warm and cozy" patterned paper, they are so pretty and offer just the right amount of pattern for this page.


I used these pretty alpha stickers from Pretty Little Studios to create the second part of my title, I love the golden green colour of them!  I kept my embellishing pretty simple but still managed to create a visual triangle.  The distress marker in the kit was perfect for journalling as well as scribbling onto my date stamp to stamp the date of the photo.

I have another process video today, you can watch the video for this layout below or here on my You-Tube channel!


Supply List: Simple Stories Hello Fall chipboard and "Warm and Cozy" and "Autumn Delight" patterned papers; Jen Hadfield "Daisy Margarita" patterned paper; American Crafts "cricket" cardstock and "Eclair" Thickers; Pretty Little Studios "Oakley Avenue" golden ABC's and vellum sticker tape; May Arts leaf ribbon; Echo Park "I love family" brads; Tim Holtz "gathered twig" distress marker.  (from my stash; DMC floss; Doodlebug twine; "harvest orange" Glimmermist; Dear Lizzy date stamp.)

Thanks for visiting! 
Laura
xo

No comments: