Monday, November 14, 2016

{Family Challenge} with the "All Fall" Classic Kit

Hello Noel Mignon friends, I can't believe Thanksgiving is next week already!!!  This week I'm working with the "All Fall" Classic Kit.  The design team is working with the {Family Challenge} this week, which is to use the word "FAMILY" as a title on our layout.  The pictures in my layout are from Thanksgiving 2015, so I thought it was fitting to scrapbook them while I am in the Thanksgiving mood.


I started with the Simple Stories background paper with the leaf image on it and decided where to place my 5x7 photo.  


Next, I pulled out my Silhouette, which I will admit, I have not used to it's full potential lately!!! To design my title, I downloaded a free font called "Brusher".  I had to change up the "y" ascender for "family" a little bit to make it look the way I wanted.  Then I cut the file 3 times, each time offset a little more.  


On the right hand side of the layout I added some of the brown ribbon from the kit and a few more embellishments at the bottom left of the collage.  I liked the way the gold rub ons added another layer to the embellishment cluster, so I added one peeking out from under the chipboard. 


Here is another close up of the embellishment cluster and journaling block.  The journaling block is actually some of the packaging from the "Petty Little Studio" Oakley Avenue embellishments.  I love when I am able to re-use packaging.  It's a great added bonus!!!


I have really been working my way through the "All Fall" kit these past 10 days, so I decided to share a few more layouts...

First, I was very inspired by a video by Eternally Inspired Mama where she showed a technique she calls Watercolor Through a Stencil.  After I watched that video, I decided to create the following page.  The background is very similar to what she showed in her process video, as a matter of fact, I think we are using the exact same stencil.  I thought she did a beautiful job and what a great way to use a stencil!!!








Next, I was itching to do some Halloween photos from last year.  I did grab a piece of patterned paper from my stash for the touch of teal in this layout.  I also used a piece of seam binding and a couple of leaves from my stash.  I loved the way I was able to mix the felt leaves in this month's kit with the paper leaves in my stash.  I cut the stems off of the felt leaves and twisted them around a toothpick to create the curly vine type texture.







Thanks for stopping by today and checking out all of the layouts I have created so far.  I think there are still a few more "All Fall" Classic Kits in the store.  It's the perfect time to pick one up just in time to scrapbook some of your upcoming Thanksgiving pictures!!!







2 comments: