Monday, October 10, 2016

{Scraplift Challenge} with the "Falloween" Classic Kit

Happy Monday!  It's Meridy here with a layout to share with you using the October 2016 "Falloween" Classic Kit.  This week the Design Team is scraplifting either another design team member, or a current Noel Mignon subscriber.  I choose to scraplift one of our designers, Jana Eubank.  Her layouts are lovely and she works in a style similar to mine.  

I created this double page layout using her single page layout as inspiration.  


This is the layout that I choose to scraplift, I really liked the diagonal line across the top portion.


I took my main inspiration from the diagonal line, and recreated the layout using the photos that I had.  They were not the same sizes and orientation, but I was able to use what I had and not worry about it looking exactly the same.


I also mimicked the design on the right side of the layout.  I didn't want to make the right side identical to the left side, so I changed it up a bit.  


I kept the title placement the same as it was in my inspiration piece and added a few embellishment clusters.  I got rid of the journaling on the left side of my layout, and included it on the right side of the layout instead.  


I also included a "secondary" title on the right hand side.  I replaced one of the "o"'s in "Spooky" with  chipboard spider web embellishment.  I thought it would be a cute touch on the layout. 


I created small embellishment clusters, just like Jana's inspiration layout.  And when I was just about done, I decided I wanted to add a few ink splatters for the finishing touch.


Thank you for stopping by the blog today.  Come back all week and see if the Design Team scraplifted YOU!!!



2 comments:

Jana Eubank said...

Awww! Thanks for lifting me, Meridy! I love your take on it! And I love how you were able to stretch the design into a two-pager by using both portions of the diagonally cut patterned paper on each side of the spread. So clever!

Meridy said...

Thank you for inspiring me, Jana! I always love your work :)