Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Falloween: Halloween Dance

Good morning, friends! Jana Eubank here. I'm back with another page using the beautiful Falloween kits!

This week we are highlighting the season with the "Falling Leaves" challenge, where we are to use leaves somewhere on our project. I love this challenge, because the falling leaves in October are one of my favorite things about the season. There is nothing like a confetti of warm colors sprinkling around you as you walk down the street. :D

For my layout, I used the American Crafts orange leaf die cut as a background element in my layers. I also punched several leaves from the green cardstock to accent the flower clusters (Falloween Daily Diary Kit) and other elements on the page.

HALLOWEEN DANCE


I love the woodgrain Thicker alphabet letters in this kit. They reminded me of a tree branch and I thought it would be fun to add punched leaves to the first letter of each word in my title. 


I used a lot of embellishments from the Daily Diary kit on this page. Here, I accent the fox wood veneer with flower embellishments and a pumpkin I handcut from one of the journaling cards.


I brought the wood and floral elements to the other side of the page by creating this cute, little cluster next to the journal card.



I hope you are having a beautiful October, wherever you are in the world. It is my favorite month of the year! I hope you'll take a minute to get outside and enjoy the falling leaves and then come in and use them as inspiration on your next project.

See you again soon!



No comments: