Saturday, August 20, 2016

Soft and Strong | Vintage Charm Classic Kit

Hello scrappy friends! Laura here today sharing a layout using the Vintage Charm Classic Kit! I am having so much fun with this kit and am challenging myself to try a few different styles when creating. This week the DT was challenged to create a project with an "I've been framed" theme, basically using up some of the frames in the kit in a fun way.

Today I am scrapping a layout for a friend, when I saw this photo on her Facebook feed I knew I just had to "borrow" it.  I have been doing that a fair bit lately, but in my defense photos really inspire me.


I used frames on my page in several ways; such as a photo mat, an embellishment (the epoxy piece and die cut piece), and stamped as an anchor for the gold Thickers that personalize the page.


This heart was the off cut from the focal area of my first Noel Mignon layout for this month, and was just perfect to doll up for this page.  I used some Ranger Texture Paste from my stash and mixed in some of the Heidi Swapp color shine to create a soft gold past.  Then I used the Heidi Swapp polka dot mask from this kit to add a patterned to my die cut heart.


I knew I wanted to create a very long title about girls being both sweet and strong, so I poked around the internet looking for an appropriate phrase and came up with this.  I added in the ' until you' part.


I loved using the mixture of hard and soft embellishments.  I finished off my page with sprinkles of Color Shine, stitching in several areas and outlining around my title with a felt tip pen.

I have another process video to share with you today as well,  I hope you have time to watch (it is just under 10 minutes) and maybe give it a thumbs up if you like it!


Click here to watch it on my You-Tube channel (and to see my other videos).

Supply List: (from the kit)  Patterned papers "delighted" and "flutter" from Maggie Holmes Bloom collection; "moments" patterned paper from We R Memory Keepers Honey I'm Home collection; "let it grow: patterned paper from Simple Stories Bloom and Grow collection; We R Memory Keepers Honey I'm Home stickers; American Crafts "Happy" gold Thickers; Prima crochet flower; Pink Fresh Studios foiled epoxy stickers; We R Memory Keepers printed wood pieces; Heidi Swapp pretty things mask; Heidi Swapp gold Color Shine; Prima Stamp; Pretty Little Studio paper frames; Jen Hadfield gold glitter tags; Prima label stamp. (from my stash) Ranger Texture Paste; Memento Rich Cocoa ink pad; American Crafts brown Precision pen; grey Staedtler pen; Clear Star Gelly Roller.

Thanks for visiting!
Laura
xo

1 comment:

Cook Scrap Craft said...

Very pretty! Love the gold in the heart, and that is such a nice title. I'm a fan of long titles!