Saturday, August 13, 2016

Happy Home | Vintage Charm Classic Kit

Hello friends! Laura here today sharing another layout using the Vintage Charm Classic Kit!  This is my second month on the team and I am just blown away with the kits that Noel creates!  The mix of patterns and manufacturers, embellishments and the mist in the kit are stunning! This week the DT was challenged to create a project with a "home" theme, whether we use a house on our project, scrapbook about our home or create a home decor item the choice was ours.  I was really tempted to create a home decor item, but I have also been wanting to start a scrapbook about our home.

We moved in last summer and have been working really hard to make it a home, and a place for family and friends to want to gather.  So the thought that this is the perfect time to start a 'Home" album won out.


To tie in the DT challenge, I not only scrapbooked a photo of my home (or part of it, I cropped off the garage), but I also thought that I could create a little scene with houses in the background.


I began by die cutting this wood grained paper from We R Memory Keepers, cutting out some clouds from the upper area and trimming it down to 11 x 11 inches.

I backed this with a Maggie Holmes paper that is a wispy blue and white colour and reminded me of summery clouds.

I also layered some dry embossed white cardstock die cut clouds over top. And then added in a die cut butterfly and a sticker heart.


This vintage patio lights sticker is so cute, it reminds me of the lights we have on our back deck a bit, so it had to adorn my page!  I toyed with layering it over my photo but string it along the roof-line of the die cut houses seemed too perfect!


I used lots of the stickers from the We R Memory Keepers Honey I'm Home collection sticker sheet, above and beside my photo.


I love the way these Simple Stories bradz look in the centre of these flower stickers.


My title was created by colouring the gold Thickers and a wood veneer wood from Jillibean Soup from the kit with a navy Copic. I love the way the Copic coloured the glittery alphas.  The still have sparkle and a hint of gold, but they suit my page a bit better.

I have another process video to share with you today as well,  I hope you have time to watch (it is just under 10 minutes) and maybe give it a thumbs up if you like it!


Click here to watch it on my You-Tube channel.

Supply List;  We R Memory Keepers Honey I'm Home "lights out" patterned paper; Simple Stories Bloom and Grow "chin up buttercup", "Bee Happy" and "let it grow" patterned paper and bradz; Maggie Holmes Bloom "delighted" patterned paper; We R Memory Keepers Honey I'm Home sticker sheet; American Crafts gold Thickers and white and honey coloured cardstock; Jillibean Sup Wood veneer words; Pink Fresh Studio foiled epoxy stickers; Pretty Little Studios garland flag, cut a parts and die cuts. From my stash: brown American Crafts Precision Pen; B39 Copic.

Thanks for visiting!
Laura
xo

No comments: