Saturday, August 27, 2016

Family Time | Vintage Charm Classic Kit

Hello! It's Laura here today sharing a layout using the Vintage Charm Classic Kit, if you recall the design team is showcasing projects that document Family Time.

In my house family time is not usually any one type of activity, it can vary depending on the day of the week, the weather, the season, and even which of my boys is home for the weekend.  Favourite activities include games, movies, boating, kayaking, hot tubbing and the list goes on.

I began my layout with the intent to add as many photos onto my page as possible, doing the things we do when we are together.  I remembered that I had created a View-master type cut file a while back and considered using that for this page.  However, I really wanted to embrace the "time" aspect of the challenge as well, so I created a new clock cut file with the numbers 3, 6, 9 and 12 welded into four of the spaces, leaving 8 spaces open for photos.


I layered my clock onto a pretty Maggie Holmes patterned paper from the kit.


I wanted to create a tone on tone title, using the same cardstock that I used for my clock as well as the pretty Heidi Swapp alphas worked just perfectly for this!


These pretty glittered dot embellishments from Queen and Co. were sort of a blueish teal and white stripe until I coloured them with a Copic marker to coordinate better with my layout colours.


I opted for black and white photos to avoid a really busy page.


The wood words from Jillibean Soup are so perfect to adorn my little snapshots, I added a few other embellishments to my tiny trio of embellishment clusters.


I backed each of my clock numbers with a different patterned paper, and used a combination of of fussy cut flowers and flower stickers for my large embellishment area in the centre of my clock face.

I loved that this layout helped me to scrapbook photos that may not have otherwise made it onto a page.

I created a process video for this layout, you can watch it below or hop on over to my You-Tube channel.



Supply List: 'Blissful' patterned paper from Maggie Holmes Bloom collection; 'Moments', 'neighborhood' and 'family ties'  patterned paper from We R Memory Keepers Honey I'm Home collection; Pretty Little Studios cut apart garland flags; American Crafts Cardstock in 'Robin's Egg' and 'Cricket'; We R Memory Keepers Honey I'm Home collection die cuts and stickers; Queen & Co. blue glitter striped dots; Jillibean Soup wood words; Heidi Swapp Alpha Stickers. (from my stash: Staedtler fine tip felt pen, Copic BG13).

Thanks so much for visiting today!
Laura
xo

No comments: