Saturday, July 23, 2016

Summer Favorites | Summer Lovin' Classic Kit

Hello friends! It is Laura Whitaker here today sharing a new layout, the DT is challenged with a High 5 theme!  Which translates to using 5 manufacturers on one page or documenting your 5 favourite things about summer.  Weill, I love to combine manufacturers and I am trying to journal more - so I went for a double challenge on my page!


My new favorite thing is kayaking, and so I really wanted to use a photo of me in my kayak to document my favorite things of summer.


From there I wanted to make a super sunshine-y page, so I started with this cut file that I designed - which was cut from American Crafts white cardstock (from my stash) and backed with orange and yellow patterned papers, from the kit.


I knew that I wanted to do a list style journal area for my 5 favs so I did a little embellishing under my photos to tie the journaling and photo together, visually.


These Imaginisce alphas are translucent and look great as a tone on tone accent, plus they are the perfect size for my "list"! My list is not in order of importance, just in order that they fit into the spaces the best.

The word 'favorites' was created using a Jillibean Soup 'soup label' that says "favorite" and piecing an "s" from a second Jillibean Soup 'soup label' onto it.  They were originally a pretty green but not quite the right colour for my page, so I coloured them with a pink permanent marker and then added a glitter effect with a 'clearstar' Gelly Roller pen. It is a little hard to tell in this photo but it is so pretty and shimmery.


I finished off my page by adorning the left edge with patterned paper, brads, labels, ephemera, chipboard and stitching.

I used patterned papers from 5 manufacturers, and embellishments from 5 manufacturers, plus five journal points and that my friends is a big old High 5 triple threat!

Supply List: (from the kit) Simple Stories, Elle's Studio, Imaginisce, Echo Park, and Photo Play patterned paper; America Crafts cardstock in Geyser; Maya Road resin flowers; Imaginisce alphas; Jillibean Soup "soup label"; Elle's Studio Jonah labels; Imaginisce ephemera; Freckled Fawn wood chips; Echo Park brads and chipboard; (from my stash) America Crafts cardstock in white; Clearstar Gelly Roller; pink Bic permanent marker; black fine tip Sharpie.

So glad that you visited today! Don't forget to pop on back often to see what the rest of the DT is creating, you will not be disappointed that you did!

Laura
xo

1 comment:

Jana Eubank said...

I love the way you did that list! Your handwriting is awesome!