Saturday, July 30, 2016

Hello Sea Turtle | Summer Lovin' Classic Kit

Hello scrappers! Laura Whitaker here today sharing my last layout using the Summer Lovin' Classic Kit!  This week the DT was challenged to create a layout with an older vacation photo, and as luck would have it I have a few still waiting to be scrapped from a cruise we took a few years back.


I got the idea that it might be fun to fill a turtle shell with a variety of patterned paper bits, so I modified a cut file that I had previously purchased from the Silhouette store to create an open shell design.  After cutting it out of the bright green cardstock that came in the Classic kit, I started to fill in the shell with a variety of patterns.


Once I adhered the turtle to my page, I added a bit of Gesso and some water color paint effect using the Peacock Feathers Distress Crayon, to create a bit of movement and represent the water that you might find one of these guys in.

I also pierced holes and stitched around the outer edge of the turtle, using some embroidery floss from my stash.


I cut a few clouds out of cardstock for a previous layout and had one left which I added to this page after wrapping it with the Washi tape from the kit.  I love that this adds another fun pattern to my page!

The sun was fussy cut from one of the Elle's Studio cut outs.  I also used a couple of the Elle's Studio labels behind my photo after punching along the edge with a notebook punch.


I used a Jillibean Soup "soup label" and the Amy Tangerine alphas to create my title, adding some stitching just for fun after adhering them to my page.

For a finishing touch, I added lots of puffy stickers and a few chipboard pieces to my layout. And then added in some orange splatters created with a second Distress Crayon.

I had so much fun with the Summer Lovin' Classic Kit and am so looking forward to playing with the August kit

Supply List:  (from the kit) Simple Stories, Imaginisce, Echo Park and Photo Play patterned papers; American Crafts cardstock; Elle's Studio cut outs and puffy stickers; Echo Park Washi tape and chipboard; Tim Holtz Distress Crayon; May Arts ribbon; Amy Tangerine Thickers; Jillibean Soup label; (from my stash) DMC floss; black fine tip Sharpie.

Thanks for visiting!
Laura
xo

No comments: