Monday, June 13, 2016

Making a SPLASH with the "Happy Days" Classic Kit

Hello, it's Meridy here!!!  This week the design team is making a SPLASH working with a water theme in our layouts and I am using the "Happy Days" Classic Kit to do just that.  I have a couple of pictures of myself in the pool with both of my kiddos from last summer---these pictures with me in them rarely happen.  So I am really excited to get these photos scrapped. 


I cut the Echo Part striped paper diagonally and placed half of it on my background paper.  Next, I cut apart some of the green Echo Park paper following the interlocking pattern and placed it on the layout in 2 clusters.  I matted my photos with white cardstock and added a couple of scraps under the photos and journaling block to add a little dimension.  


I thought the Echo Park washi tape that came in this month's kit was adorable, so I used some on this layout.  I needed to build up the embellishment clusters a little, so I added a few self adhesive sequins from the "Happy Days" Kit, a few pink glitter dots from last month's kit, and some starburst punches from yellow cardstock.


I finished off the layout by adding the title, some pink and white bakers twine to the mini "sun" banner pieces, and matting the entire layout on a piece of yellow cardstock---for a little extra touch of color.


I would love to see some of the layouts you have created with this colorful "Happy Days" Classic Kit on our member's Facebook page.  Have a great week!!!


No comments: