Monday, June 27, 2016

"Happy Days" Classic Kit: Against the Grain & Layout Share

It's Meridy here.  I have my last few layouts that I made with the "Happy Days" Classic Kit to share with you all today.  I'll start with the featured layout, the design team is going "against the grain" this week and using wood grain (or wood veneers) in our layouts.  


I made this 2 page layout and the colors in the photos seemed to work really well with the Simple Stories papers in the "Happy Days" kit. 


I enjoyed layering the papers and scraps on this layout, and I slipped a wood grain scrap of paper to the left of the 5x7 photo on this page.  After I got all of the papers layered, I worked on the title.  You can find a little more wood grain in the ampersand symbol of the title "BIG sis & little BRO".  I also sprinkled some brads, chipboard, and enamel dots around the title.  


 I continued using chipboard, brads, and enamel dots in 2 other clusters on the page to complete it. 


The right hand side of the layout I used an 8x10 collage,  I could not narrow my pictures down any further, so this helped me fit them all on the layout.


To finish off the layout, I continued the embellishment cluster and strips of paper (including one wood grain paper) onto the right hand side of the layout.


The Noel Mignon Classic Kits are such a great value, I get to create with them all month long and typically get about 10 double page layouts and 1-2 single page layouts every month.  I do add my own solid cardstock to the kits to stretch them this far, so I wanted to share a few extra layouts with you this month...



Thank you for stopping by today!!!  Check out the blog all week to see how the rest of the design team goes "against the grain" with the Happy Days kits!


2 comments:

Debby Champe said...

Awesome layouts

Meridy said...

Thank you Debby :)