Friday, February 19, 2016

dream today banner

Hey all!!! Are you all as glad it's Friday as I am?? I so neeeed to sleep in tomorrow morning (let's just hope my family lets me!)

The challenge this week is to use flowers in our projects so I decided to go 'off the page' so to speak and create a little banner with those lovely flowers in the past couple kits. I used the Heart of Gold and Sweet Charlotte classic kits for this project along with some corrugated cardboard from my stash that I found at Joanns on clearance a while back. When I bought it I wasn't sure what I'd use it for (although I did have a banner in mind) but at $2 for pack of 16-6x6 pieces of patterned corrugated cardboard I just couldn't pass that up! Truth be told I grabbed a couple packs ;)
I also grabbed some kraft doilies from my stash since I didn't have any left from the kits - those are some of the first items I use up because I love them so much!

I attached that pom pom fringe with my tiny attacher and added accents here and there. Originally I did 5 pennants thinking I was going to cut out the word 'bloom' from the patterned papers. Then I pulled out that 'dream today' wood veneer and once I set that on the center pennant I knew I needed to switch directions a bit. I thought about adding some glitter or paint but quite honestly I loved the look of the wood veneer on the cardboard. 

No rhyme or reason, just a fun little project that I can hang on the chalkboard in my family room as we dream of spring!

1 comment:

Donna said...

such a pretty banner!