Friday, January 29, 2016

Chillin'

Hey guys! We're coming to the end of our week that has been all about layers. I love using layers on my pages to create depth and dimension! The easiest way of course is to do that with patterned paper. 

On my layout last week I created layers by using different sizes of patterned paper layered behind my photo. This week I went with more of a white space layout (that might be a sign that my brain is feeling cluttered this week!). 
So the way I created a bit of layering while still keeping the layout clean & simple is to add strips of paper to the top and bottom of my page. It adds some dimension and helps ground the page so that my photo doesn't feel like it's just floating in the center.
To further add some layering I layered a few embellishments, rub-ons & stitching. One further way to add layers without making your page seem bulky or busy is to add layers that are the same color but have different textures - like I did with the white doily on the white cardstock.

So don't be afraid to layer it up!!! 
 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You do such a beautiful job with layers and stitching.

Donna said...

fantastic. I adore the strips on the top.