Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Creating Pocket Cards with Country Life

Hello all and welcome to challenge week! If you didn't see Danielle's post yesterday, the DT is bringing an entire week of challenges. You'll have almost a full month to get them finished and if you complete all challenges (6 in total, I believe), you will be entered to win a Daily Diary Kit of your choosing as your prize! How awesome is that?! Plus, you don't have to use the kits to complete these challenges so if you've never tried NoelMignon but would like to, play along using your stash and you'll be in the running to win the kit.

Okay, enough of the logistics. Let's get to talking challenges. I am challenging you to make your own pocket cards. If you are not a pocket page maker, don't worry, I've got a challenge for you too. First, my page and card I made using the Country Life Daily Diary Kit:


I made a card by layering some strips from the 6x6 sheets of paper included in the kit and added one of the gingham buttons and a word art strip from the kit and some veneer from my stash.


 I didn't really have an idea in mind when I started this so I recommend just sitting down and playing with paper and seeing how it goes. Or if you need to plan it out, feel free to do that too. Or if you really would like some help, feel free to use this sketch (but it is not required that you use the sketch to enter the challenge):


For all of you non-pocket-page people, your challenge is to use this sketch as inspiration for a layout or whatever type of project you'd like to make. To play along, join the NoelMignon Facebook Group and there will be albums there that you can upload your projects to for each challenge. Can't wait to see what you all make. 




No comments: