Monday, August 24, 2015

Beach Bums

Happy Monday everyone! Today I want to share with you this layout I created using the Noel Mignon Country Life Kit. Last week the Design Team created projects around the awesome theme "Life Lessons" and this layout fits in with that theme, so I thought I would share my "Life Lesson" with this layout.


My Life Lesson is "Make Memories".  We were on our 1st big family fishing vacation in 4 years, and before we left Clay and I had discussed that this vacation was all about the boys and making awesome memories. 

One day on vacation we went out for a boat ride and stopped for a shore lunch on this tiny little inlet on the lake.  The boys had so much fun running around, splashing, playing, swimming, digging and building sand castles.  The next day (and everyday after that) this is where the boys wanted to have lunch, so as long as the weather was nice, this is where we all went!

Since we have been home, well over a month later, the boys still chatter about "remember when we had lunch in the water with Aunt Sue, Uncle Ken, Jack, Lizzy & Molly? That was so much fun!" I am so happy they have fun memories of our summer vacation!

For the background on this layout I used gesso, then used my gelatos, and mists to make a water like background. Next I used the Barn Stamp, and the cap from the Heidi Swapp Color Shine that came in the kit and stamped with several blue inks to create the circle and "arrows".
 I love all the little embellishments that came in this kit! They added the perfect little touches!
 If you are interested in the COUNTRY LIFE KIT, there are only 2 left in the shop, so hurry over before they are gone!


No comments: