Monday, February 16, 2015

Lovin' This Month!

And I'm loving the Love Life Daily Diary kit!

Here's a look at the first couple of spreads I made for this month with the kit.
 

An incredibly rare photo of my father-in-law! So rare, it HAD to make it into the album. I love the colors in this kit, and I love that I can pull little bits here and there from past kits to fill in little spaces that need a special little something.


Those cork stickers are to die for!


Again, to die for. And lest you think you can only use 3x4 cards in 3x4 pockets, rest assured, you can use them in many ways. Like this 4x6 pocket. I just flipped it onto it's side, trimmed a little off, and voila!


This was a seriously easy card to make. I just took the 4x6 journaling card from the kit, and added in some rubons to finish it off.


Love this spread. The mix of blush and pale blue makes me totally happy.


I loved this black and white 4x6 card from the kit, but it was a little too black and white, so I just layered over the top of it with this awesome gold foil vellum, and added another of those cork stickers for a title.


To add to the layered effect, I used one of the arrow paper clips in the kit to secure a couple of scrap papers behind my photo. Then I just added the date sticker and a heart from my stash.


I've seen this technique used before, and have always been curious about it. White stickers on white paper. Glad I tried it, not sure I love it. You can actually see it much better in natural light, though. I will say that I LOVE printing my own photos at home, and double love fitting two photos into one sleeve this way.

So that's all for me this week. I have lots more Love Life work on my desk to photograph, though, and I can't wait to share it! If you haven't gotten your kit yet, there are still a few left over in the shop - head on over to pick one up before they get gone!

Happy Monday!


1 comment:

jplatt said...

Love your pages great job! Love the gold print vellum paper,its gorgeous isnt it!
Janette P