Thursday, February 19, 2015

everyday life with the love life kit...

Hi again, I have been playing with the gorgeous Love Life Daily Diary kit to document week 6 in my project life album.


This month's kit features lots of love and Valentine's day items but that doesn't mean that it has to be limited to just those themes. 



I started the week by cutting down one of the die-cut journal cards and splitting it across two cards to create a nice flow across the page.


 I absolutely loved this double sided heart card from the kit and knew it would be perfect for some of my birthday pics. The trouble was that I only had one card, so I decided to scan both sides of the card then printed them onto card stock for a fun filler card that spreads across two pockets. By scaling the cards slightly larger than the original I was able to eliminate the rounded corners. 


I used a few of the loved themed papers as a background to one of my photos that I layered onto a tag. This gives a good example of making Valentine's day papers work with everyday pics by using them for their patterns and colors rather than their theme.




 Moving onto the second part of the week, I again layered the cards and papers to create my own background. This time I adding some ribbon and one of the cork accents. 


I used the large alpha stickers to spread my title across two pockets, and I really like how it joins the photo with the journaling.


Sometimes you find a perfect card but it may be the wrong size for how you want to use it. I solved this by cutting down the journal cards and re-rounding the corners so that I could record the details without covering up too much of the photo.


See you next week xx


1 comment:

Cindy said...

just gorgeous Agnus. So love your pages.