Thursday, January 29, 2015

Week 2 with my daily diary kit...

Hi again, I've got another Project Life spread to share using the Hey Girl Daily Diary Kit


Week 2 was a busy one for us because we had a lot of organising to do for our son's 18th birthday. I am planning to add an insert for the actual event between these pages as I have loads of photos from the day.


The week involved a couple of visits to the cake and party supply shops. I created a simple faux pocket to hold some of the business cards I collected by placing a piece of vellum over a card stock base card then wrapping the printed strips around the vellum and base card, securing it on the reverse side. 


I printed my journaling directly onto one of the patterned papers and used the line in the pattern as a guide for my text placement. Adding the overlay over the card allows the pattern to show through to create an easy custom card. 


I kept a couple of clothing tags from my son's purchases to help tell the story of the fitting room pics and used one of the die-cut frames to hold the tags in place over some patterned paper I cut down form the kit along with one of the day of the week arrows. 



I created a text box in Word to shape my journaling inside the arrow of the card. It took a couple of practice prints to make sure it would fit inside the shape before feeding it back through the printer. I don't have a light box but find that a placing the page and journal card onto a window and securing it with washi tape does the job nicely.  I used the date stamp with red ink from the kit to break up some of the text, and backed one of the die-cut circles with card stock and patterned paper before adding it to my card. I love that the enamel heart was the perfect size to replace once of the letters. 


 I created a couple of pockets on this page by cutting down some of the patterned paper on a slight angle and adding a contrasting strip across the top. I attached these pieces onto grid cards using adhesive only along the bottom edge so that I could easily slide memorabilia in and out.


 I created another custom card by cutting down a couple of the journal cards to place beneath my photo, then finishing it off with a few stickers and accents.



 I added a little bit of detail to some of the pics using various pieces from the kit and was able to add the house shaped paperclip onto the photo by cutting a small slit for it to slip into.



See you next week :)




2 comments:

Moonie said...

OMG lost for words.. that is awesome.... is just not enough!!! so perfectly set out.. I love your Week days.. are they done thru the printer and are you using a typewriter for your journaling .. so perfectly neat!!!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the lovely comment Moonie :) I type all my journaling on the computer then print it directly onto the journal cards.