Friday, January 9, 2015

lucky number 13

Hey all! Last week I officially became the mom of a teenager. Hard to believe, time goes by so stinkin' fast! I knew I wanted to get my photos documented pretty quickly and the quickest way for me to do that is to use pocket pages. These are great if you have a lot of photos, more than you'd want to put on a traditional layout.
So first I took a look at all of my photos and decided what kind of page protector would work best & ended up going with Becky Higgins Design K. I love this one with the 4x4 square photos. These are especially great for Instagram photos but I love to use them when I have lots of photos that just don't need to be printed at 4x6.
Then I pulled out my Hey Girl Daily Diary kit and got to work. The first thing I always do is cut out my photos (I print a 4x4 photo on a 4x6 & then trim) & place them on my page to see where I want to add embellishments. This kit worked great since it had some girly elements that were perfect for my page. 

I also added the black thickers and brads from the Hey Girl Classic Kit.
For that awesome 'hey' die cut, I simply placed it inside the page protector where I wanted it and then stapled right on the outside with my tiny attacher to keep it in place. The trend to have see through pockets is pretty big right now and I'm all about that!
On the backside you'll notice I haven't filled in 'the list' journaling card. I'm going to have my daughter fill in everyone that was at her party...since I didn't play the "uncool mom card" and take pics of the boys that were there ;) I also changed one of the photos to black and white because it had a horrible yellow background that was totally distracting to the rest of the page.

And by the way, I believe there's still a couple of the daily diary kits left! So if you want one, be sure to head here to snatch one up!

No comments: