Thursday, December 18, 2014

Packing up Christmas treats!

We're heading into the last days of school as I'm sure most of you with kids are. I've been working on getting some treats together to give to teachers, friends, neighbors, etc. 

One of my favorite treats to make is blizzard bites (recipe at bottom). It's easy to make and it is so yummy! There are so many ways you can package it up...little baggies, jars, gift boxes, etc. I love using mason jars because 1) I can a lot and always have jars on hand, and 2) it looks cute and protects the goodies inside.


What I love about Noel's kits is there's almost always a sheet of patterned paper that has those wonderful 3x4 tags on the back that can be used for a multitude of uses from accents on your layouts, to pocket scrapbooking, to cards & tags.

So I went ahead and cut all of mine out & used them for packaging up my holiday treats and used some ribbon & embellishments to decorate my jar.

I also used up a few for some quick and easy Christmas cards.


And finally, I just had to make some gift tags with that awesome stamp that came with the classic kit. Seriously guys, I am using that thing on everything. I just love it!
I simply cut the kraft cardstock from the kit into 3 1/2 x 4 1/2 pieces, snipped the edges to make it look more like a shipping tag, then stamped on them & added some patterned paper & washi at the bottom. Super easy & cute!

I hope you all have a wonderful holiday week! I'll be back after Christmas with some new layouts to share!! 

And here's the recipe for those yummy blizzard bites (just right click to save & you can print out on 4x6 cardstock). And when I made my most recent batch I used 2 pkgs of vanilla almond bark & had a little leftover so I made some chocolate covered pretzels :)

 

No comments: