Friday, November 21, 2014

I treasure you!

Hi friends! I've got a quick card to share with you today that I plan on giving as a part of the hostess gift I plan to give our Thanksgiving hostess. This kit, Maple Creek, is so perfect for this kind of sentiment. I love all the rich colors that work so well with the season.



I chose to layer my sentiment on top of a punched shape, and on top of a tag so that it would stand out on the card. I also chose to punch the bottom edge of the brown Basic Grey patterned paper with a scalloped border punch. I went back and layered the yellow reverse side of that same paper underneath the brown to add more emphasis and texture. I'd forgotten how much I love my punches and it was fun to pull them out again! To finish off the card, I added brads to the right of the tag, and a snippet of the checkered ribbon through the tag. Now I'm all set to hand this off, probably with a Thanksgiving hand towel or a bottle of wine, to Josh's grandmother who will be hosting us this year.


No comments: