Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Give Thanks

Hello again!

How do you like what you've seen on the blog so far this week?

It is fun to step out of the 12x12 box sometimes and do something different.

I loved Britt's idea of creating a wreath for every season and displaying it on that amazing board!

Today I have another home decor project to share.

In the past I have created things for this scrapbook display frame and for this week's post I decided to create a fall/Thanksgiving-inspired one.


I started out by gathering my supplies. I picked a few patterned papers from the Maple Creek kit and using a metal die I cut out leaves from each paper. In addition to the kit I also used some white/gold twine from my stash. 


After punching all of the leaves I used a white 12x12 piece of cardstock and traced with pencil around a lid (very fancy, I know!) to make a circle in the center of my page. I erased the pencil line so that it was very faint so that the pencil wouldn't show through the vellum leaves. 

I cut a 1/4" strip of green striped paper for each edge of the paper and adhered that before I got started on the rest of the project. 

Using liquid glue I added the leaves around the circle, putting glue just in the center of the leaf so that it wouldn't lay flat, giving more dimension to my project. 

I added leaves all the way around the circle and because I had lots of extra leaves I started tucking leaves under the first layer to create a second ring of leaves. 


After I added all of the leaves to the page I used the white/gold twine from my craft supply and wrapped it around in a circular motion near the border of the punched leaves as you can see above. I used Tombow liquid adhesive for this as well. 

The last step was to add the chipboard alphas for the "give thanks" in the center of the leaf ring. I decided that it needed a little "something" to fill in the white space above the saying so I added some gold rub-ons and then some dots of the gold glitter glue underneath. I also used the glitter glue to make a border all the way around the frame which gave it the finishing touch that I thought it needed. Plus, I love the gold! 

Here you can see more of the layering of the leaves: 


Don't forget that kit subscriptions are open now but time is running out! Make sure to head to the kit subscription page in the Noel Mignon store to get renewed/signed up so that you don't miss out on any future kits! ♥


Have a wonderful day and thanks so much for stopping by! 



No comments: