Saturday, September 13, 2014

You Are Loved: A Challenge!

Ok guys, I have to confess that scrapbooky-type challenges are not my favorite thing. I know. Fail. So when I saw that this week was going to be about turning the tables on us, and getting us to challenge ourselves instead of YOU I was a little...meh. So Becky graciously gave me the "use five patterned papers on your layout" challenge. And I love her for that.


So here's what I came up with. And may I just say, I used EIGHT patterned papers?! Yes, I did.


I used the woodgrain paper to cut a heart background with my Cameo, then backed some of the insides of the hearts with various scraps I had from the kit. And it always feels good to use up those babies, dontcha think? That took four patterned papers. And although they don't photograph well, that little gold foil confetti is amazing! It worked perfectly to scatter it over the pink splatters that are already printed on the striped paper.


I cut apart the 6x6 butterfly paper from the Daily Diary kit and placed a few of them around the page. I also finally used a few of the butterfly wood veneers I've gotten in past NM kits. On this one, I used that adorable "this life" rubon, and can I say, I see a lot of this technique in my future?! Under the butterflies is the back side of the kraft/white diagonal striped paper. I just cut out the strip I had leftover and love that it looks like a file folder! On top of that I layered and stitched the designed side of the label strip on one of the Pebbles papers.


I am so out of practice with my pop-dotting these days, since I stay away from them in my Project Life albums. So I am having this great feeling of YEESSSS getting to pop up that cute circle, over which I layered over the "smile" vellum piece from the Crate Paper Notes and Things ephemera pack. And you can also see a sliver of that floral paper I layered under my photo.


And can I tell you how much I LOVE that I was able to use up the last of the MME brads from the Sweet & Simple kit? I leave all of my favorite embellies in a little container to carry over to new kits, and I get such a thrill when I use them all up! Here you can see just a hint of the journaling tag tucked under the photo.


And here you can see it pulled out, Brittny-scrawl all over it.
And that's it for me! Thanks for the challenge, Becky - I had a great time doing it!


2 comments:

gssfam said...

Oh my goodness! I LOVE this Britt!!! I am a HUGE fan of layers!!!!

beckyjune said...

You nailed it, Britt!