Friday, August 8, 2014

Maiden Voyage Crop Challenge!


 Hi everybody! It's Chief Steward Brittny! I hope you're enjoying the maiden voyage of the SS Mignon. I am here to share with you the second challenge of the day! Now, this one is a little different than the others, see, because all you have to do is scrap about a "first" in your life. Your daughter's first date, first fight with your husband, first grey hair, or in my case, my son's first trip to the zoo. This little layout is going into my son's baby album which is a Project Life style album. This happens to also be a maiden voyage for me in that I have never done a pocket page devoted to just one event - usually I just pick one or two photos or ephemera and include one little bit of journaling for an event. But since there were like, 97 good pictures to choose from, I couldn't resist! I see a pattern developing...

 

 I am using a mix of the Sweet & Simple kits and the South Shore big kit (sorry, already sold out!) for this layout. I must also confess that I am so not a "red" person - I usually don't use it in my layouts almost at all, but my mamala's red shirt kinda made it completely necessary, so red it is!! And it's a good thing both of these kits work so well for the green/red/mint/wood grain palette!


 Here I used one of the Elle's Studio cut-outs, with the '#goodtimes' stamp from the South Shore kit in grey, and the 'remember' stamp from the Sweet & Simple DD kit in black. I slid on both of the little plastic paperclips, and then I just hot glued that adorable chipboard tab and button from the Summer Bliss set in the South Shore kit. Gotta add a little twine from my stash to the button, too - how could you not?


 This is probably the least complicated filler card I've ever made. Cut down the paper, hot glued the chipboard camera to the card, hot glued the summer chipboard banner to the camera, then tucked the two pennant stickers on each side. Then of course I added a couple of enamel dots. Cause ya hafta.


For this card, I cut a piece of the Elle's Studio grid paper to 3x4. I cut out that yellow strip from the same sheet of paper, tacked it to the top, stuck down a piece of that super cute (even though it's red ;)lol) adhesive banner across the card, and stitched on the "This is right now" piece. After everything was stitched, I just added a couple of those Heidi Swapp puffy arrows, a brad from the Summer Bliss brad set in the South Shore kit, and the enamel dots from the Sweet & Simple DD kit.

And that's it. And I feel oddly good about it. Something totally different than my usual style about one of the sweetest firsts on our little guy's record!

I hope you have all had a great stay on the SS Mignon this week! Now remember to post all your challenge layouts in their corresponding album on the Facebook page, and to be entered to win THIS challenge, post your layout to the thread I've started on the Facebook page. The winner will receive this kit FULL 36 sheets of the newest Fancy Pants papers, two sticker sheets, and one sheet of alpas.



Good luck, and thanks for playing!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

What a pretty page, Brit!!!