Thursday, May 15, 2014

Hand cut titles and the Carousel kit


Hello again!

For today I have another layout to share with you that I created using the Carousel kit from this month. 

I really like the pastel hues and the fun script words on some of the patterned papers. I decided to use the "Happy" from the paper with "choose happy" for part of the title on my page. 

I very carefully cut out the words using some pointed scissors and a craft blade and saved "choose" for a card that I will share with you soon. I finished off the title with some glitter Thickers and a sentiment "together" from the kit. 

Here is a look at the whole page: 


The little metal clips in the kit are so cute! I cut out these two hearts from the journal card sheet and positioned them to look like clouds, then added the Maya Road clip over the top and secured with just a few stitches. I added some of those fun heart epoxy stickers, too. 


As I think I said before, I really like the sheets of My Mind's Eye stickers in the kit this month! They are the perfect filler for journaling, adding little bits of info and accents for  your projects. I used some of the alphas and sayings on my layout. 


I really like the clothespins with the paper bows but didn't want that much bulk on this page so I carefully removed the bow from the clip and added it to the bottom of my journaling block. The gold star washi tape is from Queen & Company and is an extra you can find in the Noel Mignon store along with lots of other cute new tapes. 

We hope you are enjoying the Carousel kit. 

Don't forget to share your projects with us on the Facebook page!

Have a fantastic day!