Monday, May 12, 2014

Art Journaling with the Carousel kit


A friend of mine introduced me to the Documented Life Project earlier this year, and since then, it's been percolating in my creative brain to adapt for myself. 

I started by adhering these weekly note sheets from the Target Dollar Spot into an art notebook with heavy duty pages that I can paint on and mod podge on with them buckling or bleeding through. 

I'm not sure how I'll use the weekly pages- some weeks I may jot down something each day, but for this last week, I just journaled across the whole page. I have a very close friend who is in the hospital this week and this has been a good outlet for my anxiety over her condition. 


I was inspired by this print from Katygirl Designs, and wanted to add it to my art journal. It was a good reminder for me this week. 



The Carousel kit fit perfectly with my art journal, and I'm excited to continue with this project! I'm looking forward to Noel's new kits coming out soon, the Daily Diary kits. Wouldn't that be great for an art journal project? 

No comments: