Sunday, February 9, 2014

Book of Love Crop: Star-Crossed Lovers



Welcome back!

I hope that you are having fun with the Book of Love crop so far. We have lots of challenges yet to come!

For this second challenge of mine we are talking about shapes- stars to be exact! Your challenge is to create a page for your mini album using stars as a focus on your page.


Once again I created my page using the February kit, Book of Love. I started with an 8x8 base and added bits of patterned paper to the gray and white striped piece. I like to do lots and lots of layering on my pages so this allowed me to use a variety of papers on my page without it looking too busy. 

I added my family photo and then tucked embellishments around that. I wrapped one corner of the page with the red/white twine provided in the kit, added the red Jillibean heart, tucked in a tag, journal spot and some tape and then added the stars around my page as accents. 


I cut the stars from white cardstock using my Silhouette Cameo. You can do that or use punches that you have on hand. Mix it up- use lots of different sizes!


So your challenge is: create a page for your Book of Love using STARS as a big part of your page. When you are done please post your creation in the Book of Love: Star-Crossed album in our Noel Mignon Facebook group!

1 comment:

MichelleB said...

Beautiful! Love the stars and layering.