Monday, January 20, 2014

Munchkin


I had some more time this week to play with the Fresh Start kit. I actually worked on this layout over the course of several days. I find that if I can spread out time on a layout and look at it with fresh eyes, sometimes it helps me to have perspective on what to add or take away. 

To begin with, I had this whole thing mounted on a white piece of cardstock painted with gelatos and with a large title. It was soft and pretty, but really seemed to somehow take away from the layout. So I cut it off, and then matted it onto the feather paper. LOVE! The colorfulness added to the "feel" I wanted this page to have.


This picture is so cute of my littlest during a wedding, but there were a lot of distracting elements in the photo. I ended up covering up part of the photo with vellum to really draw the focus to my munchkin. I also added some words cut from one of the papers in the kit to draw the eye to her.


I cut a couple of feathers from the base paper (underneath where the photo is matted so you don't realize there's missing pieces from the base paper!) and tucked them in here. I like how it draws things together.


I love adding texture to my pages, especially with ribbon! It's such a quick and easy element to add.


1 comment:

Cook Scrap Craft said...

Oh, I love how you did the vellum over the photo.