Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Lovely Day Together

Hi all!! I have a layout to share with you today using the Fresh Start kit. For this layout, I was inspired by all the fair ribbons that have been part of some of the few past collections that have came out. Here are a few examples:

American Crafts - Dear Lizzy Neapolitan Collection - Fair Ribbons at Scrapbook.com $4.99
These are from the Dear Lizzy Neapolitan and the My Girl collection, both from American Crafts.

I thought a fun way to incorporate these would be not as an embellishment, but as the main focal point. Instead of using a rosette type embellishment on the top, I simple centered everything under my photo. 



I fussy cut the banner element from one of the Elle's Studio papers, and then simply added in more texture and dimension with additional layers and embellishment.


My final layout has all of the embellishment centered right under my photo, which help to draw your eye there. Using the lighter color pallet with the darker tones in my photo helps my photo to really stand out and take center stage!



No comments: