Friday, August 30, 2013

What I Want To Remember . . .

Happy Friday!!!  Today I'm excited to share a mini-in-progress with you all :)  I still want to add more pages but I'm happy with how it is unfolding so far.  When I began my assignment for this week, I spent a lot of time really looking through my photos.  I realized how many special moments I had from the summer that I really wanted to collect together & showcase.  I thought about a layout, but the layout mojo wasn't hitting me - so I opted to play around with a mini instead.  My thinking was that I wasn't going to stress to much about the overall design, but just create each mini-page & put them all together.  In the end, it created a fun, layered book, full of varying page types.  I used many supplies from the Our Summer kit, but also pulled from other past NM kits.  Doing something like this is actually a great way to use up bits & pieces from old kits :)

 photo mi9_zps70db5d7f.jpg


 photo mi8_zps484d3459.jpg

On the first page I chose to stitch a layer of vellum over the background patterned paper.  I love the softness it created :)  I also added a few embellishments around the photo, as well as a scattering of some sequins from my stash.

 photo mi4_zpsdea69431.jpg

The second page is actually a large tag that I layered everything onto.  Behind the photo is a patterned paper bag and a few small flags peeking out.  I also ran some washi tape along the bottom of the tag.

 photo mi7_zps61b05674.jpg

The third page was a fun cutting file I found HERE.  Although it was meant to be a folder, I glued it closed and then layered the photo on top of it.  I also added some brads in many of the circles - love how it gave a water-type feel to the page :)

 photo mi5_zps15a205e7.jpg

The fourth page is another cutting file you can find HERE.  The wood car was perfect for this pic of my sons riding the race car ride at the amusement park :)

 photo mi6_zps081e9606.jpg

On the fifth page I created a fun border by lining the edges with washi tape & then stitching over it.  The photo is layered over a journaling card and behind I tucked a tag, some adorable star stick pins, and an arrow sticker.

 photo mini3600_zps3280c49a.jpg

I think I had the most fun with this last page :)  I used the chevron cutting file HERE.  Then I lined the background with vellum and stitched over the chevrons.  I added in some gold rub-ons over the vellum here & there.  Then I layered up my photo and a few embellishments!!

 photo mini2600_zps5bc1235e.jpg

Mini albums are a great way to experiment with design & techniques :)  Hopefully this provided you with some inspiration to try your hand at a mini yourself!!  Have a great weekend :)

4 comments:

JennyKozar said...

Thanks for all the great ideas! I need to make a mini album and have been a bit intimidated.

Lynn K said...

Such a cute mini Julie!!! Love all your details and photos!!

Michelle Whitlow said...

What a cute mini!!! Love it :)

ScrapArtDesign said...

Wow! Such a awesome mini! Love it!