Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Homemade Happiness


Hello everyone! I finally got to dig into the May kit, Country Lane. It is gorgeous and was perfect for putting together a layout that celebrates my Mom. She provided her own version of the perfect June Cleaver home. I had a happy childhood with lots of wonderful memories...she is my everyday hero!

I used a candid shot I found of my Mom sweeping out the garage in a dress and apron back in the late 60's with her car in the background. I love how a vintage photo can literally transport you to another era!
 I love the Elle's Studio stamps included in this month's kit. I can see using this one a lot.
To tie into the home (homemade) theme of my layout, I pulled a couple pieces of chipboard homes and home brad from my stash. They complemented Country Lane, so well!
Country Lane is sold out, but you can pick-up the Country Lane Papers Only that were in the May kit.

To all of you mothers out there I hope you have a wonderful Mother's day! What will you be doing to celebrate?

No comments: