Wednesday, April 10, 2013

YOU & ME & US = LOVE

Feeling inspired by Pinterest lately???  I found this print awhile back & knew it would be something I'd definitely want to use in the future.  I just loved the mix of color and font size.

 photo fd9f2135892ab7de350df1fd85a32e1f_zps6caa5834.jpg

source

I happened to be flipping through some images in the Silhouette online store last night and found a similar title that I knew would work perfectly with this photo of Nicholas & I from last year.  I pulled together some soft greens & pinks, as well as some neutral browns from the new Melrose kit.  Here is what I came up with . . .

 photo us_zpsd8b8239b.jpg

Even before I started creating, I knew I wanted a circle lattice background behind my photo.  I played around with a few papers, but ultimately decided to use vellum.  I loved the softness of it among the greens & pinks.  To make it seen a bit more, I stitched a grid patterned through the circles.

 photo uscu3_zpsdd5d9784.jpg

Although I cut the title from one sheet of patterned paper, I decided to add some "pop" by using one of the stitched vellum embellishments from the kit in place of the "o".  I also used a sticker arrow, cut into 2, as the equals sign.  With so many fun bits & pieces in the kit, it was easy to find ways to dress up my die-cut title :)

 photo uscu2_zps2c88df45.jpg

Feeling a little die-cut inspired??  Break out whatever die-cutting machine you have in your stash & have a go at it :)  Feel free to share with us in our Facebook group - we love to see what our members create!!

No comments: