Thursday, April 4, 2013

Project Life, Week 11


Hello, Everyone!  I have wanted to do a week of Project Life with one of the Noel Mignon's kits, and finally did using the Daffodil Hill kit.  The colors of the kit were perfect for this week's photos.  I just changed to the Design G style protector, just for a change.  I love the traditional Design A, but just like with scrapbooking, I was feeling in a rut with Project life, so this a good change.
For the day to day, I usually do Project Life with small photos and layer pattern papers and other embellishments.  I try not to spend a lot of time on it.  I have gotten into the overthinking with Project Life sometimes, but I find it is more fun, if I just pick papers and embellishments, and keep going.  If something doesn't work, I put that down, and grab something else.
 What I loved about doing this week's spread, is using the kit.  The colors already went well together.  All I had to do was pick which ones.
Here is the back side.  Sometimes I only do a one page spread, but this one is two and not side by side.  For each week I do a summary of the week using iPhone and DSLR photos.  For the DSLR photos, I sometimes like those to be larger, like the ones of my daughter and her school riding for St. Jude's Trike-a-Thon.

I had lots of photos from the zoo and the St. Patrick's parade, but I picked out the ones that were my favorite to summarize what we did.
 I do like to embellish.  Sometimes I don't, but most weeks, I do. 
 And my favorite part of Project Life, the memories are documented and now I can pick and choose which photos I want to do a layout or even a mini album to tell more of the story.
See you in the Facebook group.  Would love to hear if you are a Project Lifer.  You can also upload your pages.  So join us over in the Facebook group.  You don't have to subscribe to the kits.

No comments: