Friday, April 5, 2013

A card from Melrose


You know, when the internet became readily accessible for everyone, and people adapted to using email, social media, and other electronic resources for communicating, many were afraid that the art of letter writing would completely die out. 

I am no expert on it, but I think the benefit of all the electronic communication actually emphasized what a little moment of beauty a card or note in the mail is! 

I have many friends that don't live near me, and while I'm very, very thankful for being able to stay in touch online, I also love to receive things written in their own handwriting... and I like to return the favor when I can. 

Below is a "deluxe" style card I'm sending a dear friend far away. 

I folded an 8 1/2 x 11 piece of kraft cardstock in half and adhered the two little collages to the front. The one on the left is actually made on a tiny canvas. 


I really love the modern vintage twist in the Melrose kit. It's so pretty and feminine and definitely Spring-y!

No comments: