Monday, March 4, 2013

In Focus?




Hello everyone!
It's Monday & I'm here to share my
first creation using March's beautiful kit:  Daffodil Hill.

Gorgeous colors! I love it all so much. Reminds me of Spring,
fresh & vibrant colors popping through. You will LOVE this kit.
Get it now! Get it right here:  Noel Mignon March Daffodil Hill Kit

I'm sharing a little tip from a HUGE mistake I made.
Ever have the perfect layout in mind only to start making it...
it looks NOTHING like what you pictured?
Well I did!
Instead of getting mad at my creation & throwing it away..
I simply took it apart & cut tags & shapes from it.
Here, let me show you what I mean.

Here's my layout:





















notice the banners on the left?
I cut them all freehand.
The yellow cardstock banners were the "boo boo's."




















I originally misted the October Afternoon mist that comes
in the kit onto the Studio Calico mask that also comes into the kit.

I did this on the yellow cardstock.
Well...I wasn't paying attention and
let my mask move.
Oops. That was my intended background.
Not anymore! It turned into banners...AND....

look up on the top right.
Hearts!





















So just remember the next time you happen to say..."OOPS!"
put it aside. You'll think of something fun to make out of it.



















My layout title is about my photo. Look closely at it.
Can you see WHO's in focus? That's my husband. The kids are out of focus...
not on purpose, well not really.
I caught HIM catching ME taking a picture of THEM.
Priceless. Had to scrap it.
I love my little family!

Thanks for letting me share with you today.
I hope you have a great week!

~Leslie

1 comment:

Virginia said...

Love this layout and how you took a mistake and turned it around! Gorgeous!